|May 20 2021 Update:|
Dear Church Family,
I am deeply thankful to God that the spread of COVID-19 has been significantly reduced in our region, even as I am mindful that in some parts of the world, the virus continues to wreak havoc. At Three Village Church, we have sought for the last 15 months to balance the need to be together for worship, with the desire to do so in a way that protects our brothers and sisters, while also honoring government policies. As you are probably aware, the CDC and New York state both recently updated their guidelines for preventing the spread of COVID-19. In keeping with these guidelines, we will implement the following changes to our protocol, starting Sunday, May 23:
Thank you for your cooperation. As I'm sure you are aware, there are many factors to be considered in such a decision. I hope to see many of you on Sunday!
- Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear a mask in the building, whether for Sunday services or other midweek activities.
- The wearing of masks is strongly recommended for those who are not fully vaccinated.
- We will not require proof of vaccination status.
- Because we will not be requiring proof of vaccination status, the 6-foot social distancing requirement between parties still applies.
- Because the social distancing requirement still applies, we will continue to ask you to register in advance for services.
- In indoor children's ministry settings (i.e., classrooms), in keeping with the educational requirement for children to continue wearing masks, children age 3 and over will still be required to wear a mask. Children's ministry workers will also wear masks while in contact with children.
- You are welcome to wear a mask at any time, if you so choose, and no one will be frowned upon for choosing to wear or not wear a mask.
- If you are feeling symptoms of illness, please take advantage of our livestream rather than coming to a service in-person.